Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Classics Bookclub

I participated in this off and on last year. Some of the books were rereads for me or just too long. I really like the changes they are making this year. I am participating in several reading challenges where I will be reading classics so I will use them for this also. :)

From the 5 Minutes for Books Website:
http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/2191/the-new-classics-bookclub-sign-up/

-We are going to reduce the frequency to quarterly — meeting up here on the 5th Tuesday of the month. Each quarter you can link up your reviews and thoughts of the classics that we've read over the previous quarter.

-You pick the books you want to read, you pick when you want to read them, and you pick how many you'll read.

-It's my hope that even though we aren't reading the same book, we'll still build a community of classics-lovers. If someone posts a review of a book you've read, go over and comment and join in the discussion, just as if we were holding a regular "bookclub chat." I also think that by doing it this way, we'll find books that we want to add to our list, or read reviews that will convince us that we can finally take a book that we thought we really should be read off that list for good.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...