Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Chunkster Challenge

I participated in this last year and read 6 chunksters. I am not sure I can do quite that many this year so I am signing up for the Chubby Chunkster (see the categories below). The goal is to read 3 chunksters. I am not sure which ones I am going to read so I will update as needed. :)

Definition of a Chunkster:
A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge. If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more ... The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
The Rules:
No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.

No e-Books allowed - we are reading traditional, fat books for this challenge.
Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.

Books may crossover with other challenges
Anyone may join. If you don't have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post with your progress (and to let me know you are playing)
You don't need to list your books ahead of time.

Once you pick a level, that's it...you're committed to that level!

You must pick a level of participation (thanks again to Dana for the humor in these categories!):


The Chubby Chunkster - this option is for the reader who has a couple of large tomes on their TBR list, but really doesn't want to commit to much more than that. 3 books is all you need to finish this challenge.


Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who wants to commit to 4 Chunksters over the next twelve months.


Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.

The blog to sign up is here:
http://chunksterchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-challenge-2010.html

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...