Friday, January 1, 2010

My Favorites/Least for 2009

I read 297 books in 2009 so it is very hard to pick just a few favorites. Thankfully I read way more good books than bad this year. :)

Here are my top 12 in no particular order:
1. Moment Between by Nicole Baart
2. Breach of Trust by Diann Mills
3. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
4. Turning the Paige by Laura Jenson Walker
5. Miss Match by Sara Mills
6. Stealing Home by Allison Pittman
7. This is Your Brain on Joy by Dr. Earl Henslin (Non fiction)
8. Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones
9. The Pink Carnation Series by Lauren Willig (sorry to include a series but this series is really good secular)
10. A Thousand Tomorrows by Karen Kingsbury
11. The Face by Angela Hunt
12. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

My Least Favorites:
1. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
2. Ruby Unscripted by Cindy Coloma
3. The End of Overeating by David Kessler, M.D.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

297 books?! That is awesome! Congrats, Brittanie!

Cami Checketts said...

Thanks for sharing your favorites. I'm adding the ones I haven't read to my list.
Happy New Year,
Cami

Literary Feline said...

Sounds like you had a great reading year, Brittanie! I enjoyed reading your lists of favorites and least favorites. I haven't read any of the books you mention, but a few of your favorites are in my TBR collection waiting their turn.

I recently ordered a short story collection by Elizabeth Gaskell and am looking forward to reading it. I only just learned about her a few months ago.

Have a great week!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...