Monday, August 30, 2010

R.I.P. V Reading Challenge 2010

It's time again for the R.I.P. challenge hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings.

http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/r-eaders-i-mbibing-p-eril-challenge-v

It runs September 1 through October 31 but you can start today.

I love the buttons Carl created again. This is a really fun different reading challenge and I am excited to particpate again.

The different categories of books involved in this challenge are:
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.


There are two simple goals for the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril V Challenge:

1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.


I am signing up for Peril the Third which is to read one book that falls into any of the categories listed above. I am taking suggestions as far as which books to read.

Here are three books I have so far on my list:
- Green Angel by Alice Hoffman

- Cousin Kate by Georgette Heyer

- Thirst by Tracey Bateman (possible Christian vampire novel ?)

8 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'd recommend Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, if you haven't read it. I also understand her book, My Cousin Rachel, is also quite good. And quite a bit shorter, I believe (don't quote me on that). I don't read a lot of vampire books (I'm a Dracula snob), but I did read, The Strain, last year and found it to be a real page-turner. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is a real fun mystery story.

Thanks for joining in! :)

Amanda said...

I've never heard of the three books on your list!

Carl - I don't think My Cousin Rachel is shorter, from looking at my copy. But I haven't looked inside. Maybe it's larger print or something?

Stephanie said...

I am not familiar with your book choices but I love Georgette Heyer and I have been meaning to read Alice Hoffman.

Debi said...

Oooh, Green Angel is such a wonderful little book! And it's a really quick read, too, which sometimes can be a nice thing. Hope you enjoy whatever books you end up choosing!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm going to link your site to my blogroll if that's okay by you. I love to read too!

gautami tripathy said...

Have fun reading those!

Please do check out the books I already read for RIP V.

Kate said...

I've never read any Georgette Heyer but as a fellow Kate I may have to look into this book. Thanks for the idea! Happy reading!

Kailana said...

Green Angel is really good. Enjoy your reading!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...