Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Sunday Salon January 2, 2011

The Sunday Salon.com

* Happy New Year! I am so glad 2010 is over and I hope 2011 is better.

* We had awful weather here so I was at home in my pj's bringing in the new year instead of going to dinner with my friend from work. Kinda blah but the new year came anyway. lol

* I have been off work since last Thursday and my sleeping patterns are off so I am dreading tomorrow. I was awake at 3:00 this morning. I am on a clean out and organize spree. The kitchen has been my main focus so far. I really want to clean each room in the house as if we were moving. We have way too much stuff in our 1100sq ft house. It stresses me out looking at it. I am clean simple blue green person.

* I finished off 2010 with 256 books read. Here is the link to my wrap up post:
http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2011/01/complete-list-of-books-i-read-in-2010.html

* This is the link to my favorites post:
http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2010/12/best-books-of-2010.html

* My post on reading goals for 2011
 http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2010/12/reading-goals-for-2011.html

* As far as personal goals for 2011 losing the weight I have gained back is a big one. My face and stomach are fatter. My eating habits need work. Today I ate 6 tb. pb and apple slices even though I was not hungry. For dinner I made turkey tacos. I am determined to eat healthier and cook more. I do not want to be an overweight southern American statistic.

* I finished one book this weekend and have three book tours this week. Apparently this reading slump is going to be harder than I thought to kick too. I am going to keep up with my goals and try to be positive and meaningful with my reading. 

* I went a little crazy signing up for reading challenges. I will make a list and post it later this week.

* I am off to try and go to sleep. Wake up is at 5:30 A.M. :)

* I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time!

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have a theory about book slumps for us bloggers. I found myself in a book slump when I was reading too much have to read instead of want to read books.

Just a theory.

Here's my post for Sunday Salon: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunday-salon-brand-new-happy-year.html

Happy New Year!

Bookfool said...

Wasn't that weather something? I was watching the weather man's updates, yesterday, and I counted at least 4 tornadoes that had been confirmed. One was kind of a mini tornado in Vicksburg.

Readerbuzz has a good point. I've done the same thing -- gotten slumpish when I have too many books that I feel obligated to read. Sometimes the best slump breaker is to just read what appeals to you most and ignore the stacks of must-reads. If that doesn't work, I veg out on TV.

I'm right with you on not wanting to be a Southern fat statistic. This year, I'm going to try to get back to running (again). I've been trying since 2002 and failing so I'm going to try doing it with a little "I think I can, I think I can" and see if the Little Engine can help me. LOL

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...