Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Dewey Decimal Challenge 2011

This challenge is hosted by Jen at the Introverted Reader.
http://www.theintrovertedreader.com/2011/01/my-dewey-decimal-challenge.html

I am signing up for the master level which is to read four non fiction books. I am always trying to work more non fiction in my reading schedule. I love fiction and that is the majority of what I read but I also want to learn new things and grow my brain. :)

I've been looking for a simple, general non-fiction challenge. I can't find one, so I decided to host my own. I am very much a fiction reader, but I did pick up several non-fiction books last year and I mostly enjoyed them. I need a little push to keep reading them, and I thought some of you might as well. So here's my Dewey Decimal Challenge.
Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That's it. You can choose anything. Poetry? Yes. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.

I always like levels in my challenges, so here are mine:

Dilettante--Read 1 non-fiction book.

Explorer--Read 2

Seeker--Read 3

Master--Read 4

This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2011.

I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers. You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.

1 comment:

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

"Grow my brain." Great phrase! I hope you achieve your goal. Thanks for joining my challenge!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...