Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Reading Challenge Wrap Ups

I decided to do one more big post for reading challenge wrap ups because I am about to do separate ones for all the 2011 challenges I am signing up for.

Chunkster:
I ended up reading four books which satisfied this challenge. My favorites were A Civil Contract and Abbie Ann.

I read:
1. A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer
2. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
3. Abbie Ann by Sharlene MacLauren
4. A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman

Flashback:
I read ten books which fulfilled this challenge. My favorites were Sweet Memories, The Princess, and Cheryl Wyatt's books.

I read:
1. Winter's Awakening by Shelley Sheppard Gray
2. Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman
3. Sweet Memories by LaVryle Spencer
4. In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Piece
5. The Woman who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce
6. Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
7. the Princess by Lori Wick
8. Alanna by Tamora Pierce
9. A Soldier's Promise by Cheryl Wyatt
10. A Soldier's Family by Cheryl Wyatt

First in a Series:
I read thirty nine books for this challenge which meet the requirements. I am not going to list them because there are so many. My favorites include The Callahans of Texas by Sharon Gillenwater, The Wings of Glory series by Sarah Sundin, the Maya Davis series by Erynn Mangum, Women of Justice series by Lynette Eason, Seasons of Sugarcreek by Shelley Shepard Gray, Seasons of the Tallgrass by Deborah Vogts, Side Roads series by Sally John, Lake Manawa Summers series by Lorna Seilstad, Time Scene Investigators series by Dr. Walt Larimore and Paul McCusker, and the Lost Cities series by T. L. Higley.

Library:
I read thirty books for this challenge which more than meet the twenty five I signed up to read. I love the library so I was excited to participate in this challenge.

Debut Author:
I finished sixty nine books for this challenge. I discovered some great new authors last year. A few that stand out looking at the list are Sarah Sundin, Sharon Gillenwater, Melanie Dobson, and Deborah Vogts.

Science:
I ended up reading three books I think will count for this challenge.
My favorites are one and two.

They are:
1. This is Your Brain in Love by Dr. Earl Henslin
2. The Pluto Files by Neil Degrasse Tyson
3. Green Like God by Jonathan Merritt

Christian Historical Fiction:
I read thirty five books that fall into the Christian Historical Fiction category in 2010. I am a little surprised at how many but it seems like the publishers put out a lot of them. I have a lot published last year that I have not finished yet. My favorites include both books by Sarah Sundin, Abbie Ann by Sharlene MacLaren, The Crimson Cipher by Susan Page Davis, Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad, While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin, and the Lightkeeper's Bride by Colleen Coble.

3 comments:

SHARLENE said...

Like I said before, I am AMAZED by your reading list. Incredible job. And I was thrilled to see Abbie Ann on your list and even more thrilled to see it was one of your faves. (((Hugs)))

Lorna said...

Wow! I can't imagine tackling that many books in one year. I am absolutely honored to have Making Waves mentioned as one of your favorite historicals.

Cheryl Wyatt said...

THANK YOU for mentioning my books! I am so glad you enjoyed them. You have a beautiful blog.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...