Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble (Review)


At a lavish estate in Mercy Falls, California, Addie Sullivan finds danger—and quite possibly the love of her life.

Growing up as the lightkeeper’s daughter on a remote island at the turn of the century, Addie Sullivan has lived a hardscrabble life. When a long-lost and wealthy relative finds her and enlists her to work as a governess at a lavish estate, she hopes to discover the truth of her heritage. But at Eaton Hall, nothing is as it seems. Not the idyllic family she hoped for, not the child she was hired to help, not even the aloof man she’s immediately attracted to. Soon she must turn for help to Lieutenant John North, a man who views her with suspicion.

As Addie edges closer to the truth, danger threatens even as her romance with John blossoms and together they unravel a decades-old mystery. As Addie faces down her enemy, she discovers that faith in her one true Father is all she needs
My Review:
Overall I liked and enjoyed this book. I have read some of her other romantic suspense mystery books set in the present day. She did a good job on the historical aspects in the book including wonderful descriptions. Mercy Falls sounds like a beautiful place. My only problem with the book is the few couple chapters seemed formulaic and the family history was confusing. It took me awhile to keep straight how everyone was related to each other. After that the plot drew me in and I wanted to know what happened next. I stayed up until midnight last night finishing the book. The next Mercy Falls novel will be on my wish list. Recommended. :)
Thank you Thomas Nelson Publishers for my review copy.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This sounds like a book I would love!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...