Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Sunday Salon April 11, 2010 and 24 hour read a thon end meme

The Sunday Salon.com



* So Saturday I participated in the 24 hour read at thon but I only made it 16 hours. Around 12:30 A. M. today I gave out.



* Friday was my 27th birthday and my sister and I went shopping and ate at the mall food court. We love the french fries at Steak Escape.

I don't feel any different for being officially another year older. Maybe a little depressed because I have not accomplished as much as I want too.



* Today(Sunday) I plan on doing laundry and cleaning up the house. I also have two review books for this week that have not been read yet. And I might be going to dinner with my Dad and sister. :)



End of Event Meme 24 hour read a thon

* 1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

Actually this time it was the first two because I had a hard time waking up and woke up 2 hours past start time.



2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason



3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

No, it was great!



4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Everything was good.



5. How many books did you read?4



6. What were the names of the books you read?

- Heading Home by Renee Riva

- Cool Beans by Erynn Mangum

- Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason

- A Stranger's Wish by Gayle Roper



7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Heading Home and Cool Beans



8. Which did you enjoy least?

All of them were good.



9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Was not a cheerleader



10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will probably participate as a reader although I think I would like trying to be a cheerleader too. They do a great job and are very encouraging. :)





* I hope everyone has a great Sunday and lots of reading time in the coming week. :)

4 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I actually participated in the read-a-thon, but unofficially. I guess I was afraid that something would interfere, so I didn't want to commit to it. I ended up reading for about 11 hours altogether, but not straight through.

Here's my salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunday-salon.html

Anil P said...

Can't imagine a 24-hour stretch. But I suppose with a gripping book it should be possible.

You might want to try Rohinton Mistry's works the next time.

Bookfool said...

16 hours is a *lot*. I don't think I could last that long. I had a migraine on Saturday and missed the event I planned on attending, so I stayed in bed and read a little and managed to finish 2 books. That was about all the sitting I could stand.

So . . . Happy Belated Birthday, Brittanie!!! I have never had Steak Escape fries. Did you go to Northpark?

When I was 27, my father died and my mother found out she had cancer 2 months later. Don't worry about accomplishments. Enjoy your family. You're still young and the economy will improve. You have plenty of time to shoot for your dreams.

Lots of love and hugs to you!!!

Shelley said...

16 hours is great! The only time I've ever done 24 was the first time. I think I was pumped with adrenaline because I was so excited. Happy birthday!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...