Thursday, January 1, 2009
Serial Readers Challenge 2009
The official rules.
1. Read books in series/trilogies/related by author. For a series to count you must read each book in that series during this calendar year. (Rereads and audio books welcome!) If you previously started a series and do not wish to re-read, then only the titles read after 01/01/09 will count towards your total books read. You will not however get "credit" for total series read. Only series started and finished in 09 will count toward the prize for # of series read. For example I started Lynsay Sands Argeneau series this fall. For me to get credit for all 9 books I will need to re-read the first 3 sometime in 09. The series does not have to be read in order, or in succession to "count"! (so if I read #4-9 this spring and next fall re-read #1-3 then I get full credit. Otherwise ...I only get credit for the 5 books read, but not for reading the entire series.) I think I just made that about as clear as mud.
2. The Challenge will begin January 1st and last until December 31st 2009.
3. Post your list on your blog and link it back to this post. Please comment to this post when your link is up. Your list is not something, you need to decide in advance. Please add as you go!
4. Please rate and review each title on your blog. When you do so, please label it SRC or Serial Readers Challenge so we can all read your reviews and maybe be inspired to try a new series for ourselves.
5. There will be prizes! Woo Hoo! Some of the prizes may be simple online trophies, and some will be book give-aways. (Titles to be determined) Prizes will be given for most books read, most # series read, most pages read, and some maybe at random! (my favorite kind!! Yay!)
6. To wrap up the challenge next winter, comment to this post linking your wrap-up post by December 31! Prizes will be awarded January 2010!
1. I am going to read the Rock Harbor Mystery series by Colleen Coble (DONE)
- Without a Trace
- Beyond a Doubt
- Into the Deep
- Cry in the Night
2. I read the After the Storm Continuity series published by Steeple Hill Love Inspired.
3. I am going to read the three books about the March family by Louisa May Alcott
- Little Women
- Little Men
- Jo's Boys
4. I am going to read Without a Trace Continuity series from Love Inspired Suspense (DONE)
- What Sarah Saw by Margaret Daley
- Framed by Robin Carroll
- Cold Case Murder by Shirlee McCoy
- A Cloud of Suspicion by Patricia Davids
- Deadly Competition by Roxanne Rustand
- Her Last Chance by Terri Reed
5. I am going to read the Weddings by Woodwards Continuity series from Love Inspired
- Rocky Mountain Legacy by Lois Richer (DONE)
- Twice Upon a Time by Lois Richer (DONE)
- A Ring and a Promise by Lois Richer (DONE)
6. I am going to read the Circle trilogy by Ted Dekker
7. I am going to read at least some of the Babysitter's Club Series by Ann M. Martin
- Kristy's Great Idea
8. I read the Cody Gunner series by Karen Kingsbury (Done)
- A Thousand Tomorrows
- Just Beyond the Clouds
- This Side of Heaven
9. I am reading the Boo series by Rene Gutteridge (Done)
- Boo Who
- Boo Hiss
- Boo Humbug
10. The Pink Carnation series by Laura Willig (Done)
- The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
- The Masque of the Black Tulip
- The Deception of the Emerald Ring
- The Seduction of the Crimson Rose
- The Temptation of the Night Jasmine
11. The Silent series by Deanna Raybourn (Done)
- Silent in the Grave
- Silent in the Sanctuary
- Silent on the Moor