Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Sunday Salon June 5, 2011

The Sunday Salon.com

* I have not been a very good blogger lately. Lots of distractions in my life. One of the things I have neglected are my Sunday posts but not today. lol

* I am reading slower than normal. Lots of issues with focusing and staying in one spot long enough to finish a book. My tbr stacks are in my bedroom and overwhelm the living daylights out of me. I have gotten rid of some books but I still have like fourteen shelves of unread books. I want to read everything all at the same time. I have not read a single book this weekend. I am working on The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden for a book tour this week. It is good so the problem is with me.

* Today I have a lot of cooking to do and a little cleaning. I am also spending the afternoon at my Mom's house in the pool. :)

* Saturday I was busy all day. I went to the gym, post office, Kroger, Wal Mart, the pool, and a festival for a short period. I was really tired last night and way too much sugar to compensate for it.

* My diet and exercise life change are kinda turbulent right now. I really want to cut back on my grains and sugar but it seems like I can't. I don't think I am addicted to sugar because I don't drink soda or eat candy. I do eat a lot of Kashi cereal bars, granola bars, and regular cereal. I eat ice cream/frozen yogurt at least once a week. It is already really hot here in the Deep South and I love and crave ice cream. The frozen yogurt at Bops is really good but a little too sweet. I am also having trouble keeping all my workouts going because I get so tired by the middle of the week. I have noticed fat gain in the belly area which makes me not happy at all. I am eating a lot more fruits and vegetables so that is one postive. So definitely struggling overall.

* My work is going better because I am staying caught up more. I don't want to jinx myself though. For reasons I am keeping to myself the next two weeks are going to be rough so please pray for me.

* School is not going good at all. I am still in the first class and I should be in the third. I do not like online classes which I knew before I started. I either need to get my but in gear or drop out. So I am thinking about that too. My head feels like it is spinning in circles there is so much going through it on a daily basis.

* Off to work on my goals for the day. I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a good week with lots of reading time. :)

1 comment:

Monique said...

Sounds like you are busy and booked. Which can be a good things at times even if it does take away from reading time. As long as you are enjoying yourself.

Happy Reading

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...