Thursday, June 9, 2011

Audiobook Love Week Day Four

Thursday: Audiobooks for the Uninitiated
Whether you just started listening or have a long history with audiobooks, you probably have some suggestions for those new to audio whether for narrators, titles, or ways to experience the medium. Write a post, make a list, get creative.

Brittanie:
I just started and don't have a lot of experience. The only three I know to recommend are The Help by Katherine Stockett, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I haven't listened to a ton of audiobooks but I'd recommend The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for non-ficiton and Alice I Have Been for fiction. Both great productions!

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

Who was the narrator in the production of GREAT EXPECTATIONS you listened to? I'm always looking for a better way to experience Dickens.

Nise' said...

I feel like I missed out by reading The Help instead of listening! LOL

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...