Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Audiobook Week Day Two


Tuesday: Sound Effects in Audiobooks
Love them? Hate them? Take them or leave them? How do you feel about sound effects in audio books?
Alternate suggestions: Single narrator vs. multiple narrators vs. full cast, audio dramatizations, etc.


Brittanie:
I do not have a lot of experience with audio books. I am not sure how sound effects affect me. I loved the fact there were several narrators in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. They helped make the individual characters come alive. I am currently listening to Great Expectations which has one narrator and like it too. What I am really picky about is the narrator's voice. I am only on my third audio book because of that.

1 comment:

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

Have you ended up abandoning a lot of audiobooks because you didn't care for the narrator?

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...