Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Hunt (Review)


  • Paperback: 320 pages

  • Publisher: Howard Books; Original edition (May 3, 2011)

  • ISBN-13: 978-1439182031


  • About the book:

    Three grown Southern sisters have ten marriages between them—and more loom on the horizon—when Ginger, the eldest, wonders if she’s the only one who hasn’t inherited what their family calls “the Grandma Gene”: the tendency to like the casualness of courtship better than the intimacy of marriage. Could it be that her two sisters are fated to serially marry, just like their seven-times wed grandmother, Mrs. Lillian Irene Harper Winslow Goldstein Carey James Bobrinski Gordon George? It takes a “girls only” weekend, closing up Grandma’s treasured beach house for the last time, for the sisters to really unpack their family baggage, examine their relationship DNA, and discover the true legacy their much-marrying grandmother left behind .

    My Review:

    This is one of my favorite authors and I was excited to see a new book by her out. This was a great contemporary Christian book. It is told in the three different sisters first person views. The chapters had headings letting you know which sister was speaking but after a while I did not need them. The author did a good job with developing the characters and they all felt real to me. Ginger, Penny, and Rose grew up spending the summer with their grandmother after their mother died. Ginger as the oldest felt responsible for her younger siblings. Now grown they are back at the house to clean it out to sell. All three of the sisters have issues going on in their life. Thrown together things start coming out and they all learn things about themselves and each other. I loved this book. It held my attention from the beginning and the writing was great! Highly Recommended even if you do not have sisters. :)



    I received a free copy of this book courtesy of Glass Road Publicity.

    No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...