Sunday, January 2, 2011
2011 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge
2011 52 Books in 52 Weeks Reading Challenge
This reading challenge is hosted by Robin of My Two Blessings.
I am signing up for the basic requirement which is to read at least one book per week. I hope this keeps me on track for the year. I am going to be really busy so it is going to take effort to make and use reading time productively. :)
This past year has been awesome and I've had lots of fun. 2011 is almost upon us and time to start thinking about new goals. Are you ready for another year and challenging yourself to read 52 books in 52 weeks.
I am going to spice it up a bit this year and blend in several mini challenges, including the Mind Voyages challenge I created in 2010. I worked rather hard to create the Mind Voyages blog and don't want to see it go to waste. So the blog will remain up so folks can refer to the links for their voyages. All the mini challenges are optional and offered to help you meet the 52 books goal.
1) Mind Voyages is a science fiction / fantasy challenge to explore the hugo and nebula winners, take side trips through the different decades reading the nominees, check out Philip K. Dick and Robert Heinlein. Also, Since I can't possibly imagine a reading challenge without exploring new releases that come out in 2011, we have the all inclusive Pluto challenge. Links to all the voyages are available on the Mind Voyages blog.
Moon Voyage : Read at least 6 winners on the Hugo Winners List
Sling shot back to Earth: Read at least 3 winners on the Nebula Winner's List
Venus Voyage: Philip K. Dick Quest - Read at least 2 of his books
Mercury Voyage: Robert Heinlein Quest - Read at least 2 of his books
Mars Voyage: Read at least 6 winners on the Hugo List and take a side trip through the 21st century and read at least 4 nominees.
Go into Warp Drive and visit the other planets
Jupiter Voyage: Go side tripping 90's Style
Saturn: Go Side Tripping 80's Style
Uranus: Go Side Tripping 70's Style
Neptune Voyage: Go Side Tripping through the 50's and 60's
The I'm going to Pluto because Pluto is still a planet as far as I'm concerned Voyage: Mix it up, choose the number of books you want to read from each voyage, include some new books you pick up along the way and enjoy the ride.
2) Read around the World: I probably did read around the world last year but didn't pay much attention. So this year I'm paying attention to setting. Keep track of where the story takes place and see how many places you end up.
3) Ireland Reading Challenge: or just stick with one country such as Ireland and read books set in Ireland, written by Irish Authors or with an Irish theme. Pick 2, 4, 6, or 12 books to read.
4) Jane Austen Mini Challenge: Read Jane Austen's books -Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. All can be found online here.
5) Well Educated Mind Mini Challenge: The Well Educated Mind written by Susan Wise Bauer is a guide to reading the great works. Read 3 books from each category: Fiction, autobiography, history, drama and poetry.
6) New Author Mini Challenge: Read at least one new to you author per month.
7) Try a new genre challenge: Read at least one book in a genre you've never tried before.
8) E-Book reading challenge: read at least 3, 6, 9, or 12 e-books this year.
9) Chunkster Challenge: Chunksters are considered books that are over 500 pages in length. Read one chunkster a month.
10) Read 12 classics in 12 months
A new year, a fresh slate. Time to discover some new friends and rediscover some old friends. Make the challenge as easy and casual as you want or spice it up and challenge yourself. Explore a bit, but most of all have fun.
The rules are very simple and the goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks.
1.The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
2.Our book weeks will begin on Sunday.
3.Participants may join at any time.
4.All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
5.Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2011.
6.Books may overlap other challenges.
7.Create an entry post linking to this blog.
8.Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
9.You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section.
10.Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post for you to link to reviews of your most current reads.
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...