Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Necessary Deception by Laurie Alice Eakes (Review)



  • Paperback: 352 pages




  • Publisher: Revell (October 1, 2011)




  • ISBN-13: 978-0800734664




  • From the back cover:

    When young widow Lady Lydia Gale helps a French prisoner obtain parole, she never dreamed he would turn up in her parlor. But just as the London Season is getting under way, there he is, along with a few other questionable personages. While she should be focused on helping her headstrong younger sister prepare for her entré into London society, Lady Gale finds herself preoccupied with the mysterious Frenchman. Is he a spy or a suitor? Can she trust him? Or is she putting her family in danger?

    Readers will enjoy being drawn into this world of elegance and intrigue, balls and masquerades. Author Laurie Alice Eakes whisks readers through the drawing rooms of London amid the sound of rustling gowns on this exciting quest to let the past stay in the past and let love guide the future.

    My Review:

    I thought this was an overall okay Christian Regency book. It did not have enough details and development especially the mystery element. I am still confused on what actually happened.  The romance part was good. I liked Lady Lydia and her sisters. I will read the next book in the series to see what happens to them. It is an interesting start to a new series and new to me author. :)


    “Available October 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

    Thank you Donna at Revell for my review copy.

    No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...