Sunday, November 7, 2010
The Sunday Salon November 7, 2010 Reflections/Revelations
* I have neglected this meme for the past few weeks. I have not had anything really to write but the same ole same ole.
* I have been thinking really hard about my life and reading goals lately. I have come to several conclusions that I am going to share.
* I am fast approaching complete reading burnout. It has never happened to me in my life. I have always wanted to read. I think in the new year some of my reading goals are to accept less review books and read down my massive TBR shelves. A complete list of my reading goals for 2011 is not ready yet but I am working on it. I did not achieve my goals for this year which is depressing to me. I have never done this bad at reading challenges. Maybe I am getting burned out on them too?
* In my personal life I have been on a weight loss journey since June and have lost 20 lbs which I needed to lose. I am trying to make permanent healthy changes to my life. It is really hard. I feel a little like giving up but I really don't want too. Self sabotage is to blame for part of that. I ate way too much calories yesterday. I tend to go crazy on the weekends.
* I have been unhappy due to other things too. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot change absolutely everything about myself and still be happy. God made me a little old lady who will probably be an old maid. I don't know why but I used to be okay with that and I have decided to give up on men. I have been way too focused on finding Mr. Right this year.
* This year has been really rough for me and I will not be sad to see it go but I really do not want to keep the good changes I have made. I do my makeup and hair everyday now. I care more about my clothes and life choices. One of my goals for the new year is to start volunteering somewhere again. I used to love that. I need to get out of my own life and house more. Reading books all weekend sometimes is fine but in moderation.
* I have not read a single book this weekend and I have four tours next week. So I am going to go to Kroger then come home and focus. The laundry is almost done and we may go out to eat later with my Dad but other than that hopefully I can read. My reading buddies feel neglected. Poor kitties. :)
* Thank you for reading all my ramblings and blog. It means a lot to me. I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time. :)