Sunday, November 14, 2010
The Sunday Salon November 14, 2010
* Wow the weekend is over already!
* I had an okay weekend. I read two books which is a miracle. This reading slump stinks. I hope to pull it together for a big finish. lol I joined a reading challenge where the goal is to finish books we absolutely want done this year. I also have a lot of reviews I need to get done. http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-better-finish-these-books-in-2010.html
* I am DNF two books. I hate giving up but I have been trying to read these a while and just can't make my way through them. They are The Smart Mama's Green Guide and The Disappearing Spoon by Sean Kean. I gave the Smart Mama book to a friend at work who is expecting. The Disappearing Spoon maybe I can go back too at a later date but it is really dry and I was expecting more from the description.
* I did some cleaning and organizing in my bedroom today. It always makes me feel better. I need to continue doing it to the kitchen too. I started but have not finished it. Anyway I cleaned out my desk and have a bag full of papers that need to be shredded. I got rid of pens and highlighters that no longer worked. I moved some things out and organized my papers into new folders. I also cleaned out my nightstand. Next I want clean out my hope chest and organize it. It has my stationary and recipes etc. in it.
* I need to start another book tonight for a blog tour that I forgot was tomorrow. It was rescheduled in my defense. I have also been working on my reading/blogging goals for 2011. I am not quite done yet but I will post it closer to the end of the year. I have two sets of goals, those and my personal life ones. I have been a little unsettled lately so I hope to be semi normal again and overall nicer. We'll see how it goes.
* First I am going to finish getting things ready for tomorrow and the week. I like to have everything ready to go in the morning. It is a lot less stress and saves time.
* I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time. :)
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...