Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Salon August 23, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com

* It is a beautiful day here where I live in the Deep South. It is not too hot and there is a breeze. I have the kitchen window cracked to let fresh air in. :) The cats have jumped through the screen so I only have it open a little.

* This has been a slow reading week. It took me forever to read a nonfiction book: The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David A. Kessler
It was not even that good. I did learn that the food industry knows what they are doing when they design these high calorie dishes layering sugar on fat etc. Plates, portions, food, and taste are all designed to make you eat more and come back again. Quite shameful!

* So far this weekend I have read :

* My Cat Spit McGee by Willie Morris (NF)

* The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper by Kathleen Y'Barbo
http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2009/08/confidential-life-of-eugenia-cooper-by.html

* I have at least two more books I want to read today. I will probably finish one. lol

* Have a good week and I hope you finish lots of good books. :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Where do you live in the 'Deep South'? I live in the South, just not deep. I live in NC.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...