Sunday, August 23, 2009
Sunday Salon August 23, 2009
* It is a beautiful day here where I live in the Deep South. It is not too hot and there is a breeze. I have the kitchen window cracked to let fresh air in. :) The cats have jumped through the screen so I only have it open a little.
* This has been a slow reading week. It took me forever to read a nonfiction book: The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David A. Kessler
It was not even that good. I did learn that the food industry knows what they are doing when they design these high calorie dishes layering sugar on fat etc. Plates, portions, food, and taste are all designed to make you eat more and come back again. Quite shameful!
* So far this weekend I have read :
* My Cat Spit McGee by Willie Morris (NF)
* The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper by Kathleen Y'Barbo
* I have at least two more books I want to read today. I will probably finish one. lol
* Have a good week and I hope you finish lots of good books. :)
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...