Friday, March 7, 2008

"Taming Rafe" by Susan May Warren


From the back cover:
Two-time world champion bull rider Rafe Noble had no idea how quickly his world could end.In less than eight seconds, he lost his title, his career, and his best friend all on the dirt floor of a noisy rodeo arena. Katherine Breckenridge just wants to make a difference by running her mothers charity foundation. But the mysterious disappearance of half a million dollars has forced it to the brink of bankruptcy. Her last chance to save it is the annual fund-raiser, an event thats destroyed by an out-of-control Rafe Noble. Desperate to rescue the foundation, Katherine heads to the Noble family ranch to enlist Rafes help in raising the money he cost her in lost donations. What she doesnt know is that Rafe is broke in cash and in spirit and that helping her could end up costing him his life.

My Review: I loved this book. Susan May Warren is one of my favorite authors. I think this may be my favorite so far. :) Rafe is a hero in distress. His life is on the rocks and he is not making good decisions. He makes a big mistake and his family takes him to Montana. I love all the subplots in the bigger one of Rafe's story. I highly recommend this book. It is going on my favorites of 2008 list. :)

Romantic Times enjoyed it too -- they gave it 4.5 stars and voted it a TOP PICK! Yay!

"Warren surpasses every expectation in this installment of her Noble Legacy Series. Her use of the story-within-a-story technique will have readers eagerly anticipating each new chapter. The characters are gritty, down to earth and downright dangerous. Warren crafts a journey that’s worth our time and investment many times over."



To win a steak dinner go here:
http://www.susanmaywarren.com/steakdinnerwithrafe.html

To read an excerpt of Taming Rafe go here:
http://www.susanmaywarren.com/c1_tamingRafe.html

Visit Susan May Warren's website here:
http://susanmaywarren.com/

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...