Saturday, July 13, 2013

Damascus Countdown by Joel Rosenberg (Review)





  • Hardcover: 480 pages

  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (March 5, 2013)

  • ISBN-13: 978-1414319704




  • All eyes are on the Middle East. Israel has successfully launched a first strike on Iran, taking out all of their nuclear sites and six of their nuclear warheads—and causing The Twelfth Imam to order a full-scale retaliation. U.S. President William Jackson threatens to support a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning the Jewish State for unprovoked and unwarranted acts of aggression.

    Meanwhile, CIA operative David Shirazi has infiltrated the Iranian regime and intercepted information indicating that two Iranian nuclear warheads survived the attack and have been moved to a secure and undisclosed location. In danger not only from the ongoing missile strikes on Iran but also from the increasingly hostile and suspicious governments of multiple countries, David and his team are in a race against time to find the remaining nuclear warheads before disaster strikes.


    My Review:

    I thought this was an interesting religious thriller. This is book three in the series and I was a little confused in spots. There was history with the characters especially David's family that I felt I missed. It is definitely religious which does not bother me because I am a Christian. I read it from the viewpoint of fiction not truth. I do not pretend to understand at all the issues of the Middle East. So some of the material did not resonate with me. Otherwise it was a good story that moved along at a fair pace and held my attention. I did want to see what happened next. Recommended for fans of this genre.

    No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...