Sunday, February 22, 2009

The American Patriot's Almanac by William J. Bennett and John T.E. Cribb

On this day in American history George Washington was born. He would become the first president of our country (USA).

The American Patriot's Almanac is 365 days of daily readings on of course America. Each day features two parts. The first part is a short article on something that happened that particular day in US History. They are not always the most well know events either. The second part of each day is the American History Parade and it features several key events on different years on that day.

I think this is a great tool for anyone. It is not dry or boring. I love it and I am not a history buff. This would be a great resource for homeschooling and for other types of school like high school US History teachers. They could start class out with this. It would be very interesting! I highly recomend this book!

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...