Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Sunday Salon February 27, 2011

The Sunday Salon.com

* Happy Sunday everyone!

* I spent a lot of time cooking today which has become my thing for Sundays. lol It is part of my getting ready for the week so it is less stressful. It has really helped knowing what I am eating every day and having most of it prepared and healthier too. I made the spaghetti with my grandmother, Mimi. I love spending time and cooking with her. I have so much to learn from her. I have always been Mimi's baby. When I was little I spent every weekend with Pawpaw and her. She would get off work on Fridays and pick me up and return me Sunday night. She loves to read too.  :)

* I stayed up until almost midnight last night finishing The Making of a Marchioness by Frances Hodgson Burnett for the Persephone reading weekend. I am still working on my review but overall I liked it.

* Today I am reading The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley. It is super good and I am taking lots of notes. One of the many quotes I have right now from it is: "To get from where we don't want to be to where we do want to be requires two things: time and a change of direction.".  It really speaks to me because for the past seven months I have been trying to change the direction of my eating habits and looks. I have other areas I need change direction on too.

* I have really messed up this weekend on my healthy lifestyle change. Friday night I ate Pizza Hut, Saturday night I ate Cracker Barrel, and this morning I had a huge raisin pecan pastry. For some reason I can't make myself work out on Saturday and Sundays so I have a lot to make up for Monday thru Thursday. Thank God for exercise. :)

* I have not been reading as much as normal. Still in a little reading slump. My total for February is probably going to be around eight books. I am not giving up exercise so I am going to try and use my time better and spend less time on the Internet and watching TV. Any balance suggestions are welcome.

* I hope to finish The Principle of the Path tonight and get the rest of my stuff ready for tomorrow. We will see.

* I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time. :)

1 comment:

Bookfool said...

Cracker Barrel at least has trout. If you stick with the trout with something like green beans and salad for your sides, it's no biggie . . . till they bring out the biscuits. LOL

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...