Thursday, February 24, 2011
Persephone Reading Weekend
Verity and Paperback Reader are hosting the Persephone Reading Weekend this weekend.
Persephone Books reprints neglected classics by C20th (mostly women) writers. They have a list and good description of all the books they have on their website. I love their books. I would like to own almost all of them. lol I like how most of them have grey covers and on the inside is a copy printed of an old fabric that they chose to fit the book. I think that is really cool and a bookmark comes with the book with that pattern on it. Check out their website it is very interesting.
I own several of them but have only read one or two. I want to read them but it's hard right now to make time for them. I am reading so little that my focus is on getting my review books done. I am excited about this reading challenge this weekend so hopefully I can get one read. I am not sure which one I will read this weekend but here is the list of choices:
* Good Evening Mrs. Craven: The Wartime Stories of Mollie Panter-Downes
* The Making of a Marchioness by Frances Hodgson Burnett
* Mariana by Monica Dickens
* Miss Buncle's Book by DE Stevenson
* Greenery Street by Denis Mackail
* The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett ( not a good one for this weekend because it is so long)
Have you read any of them? Any suggestions are welcome. :)