Sunday, March 14, 2010

Clear Away the Clutter Reading Challenge 2010


Kate at the Neverending Shelf is hosting this challenge:
Clear Away the Clutter's purpose:

If you are like me, you have an abundant amount of review and TBR books that need desperately your attention. This mini challenge will challenge you to read and do something with those titles once they have been completed.Your goal is read as many titles as you can and pass along those that you do not absolutely want to keep. This means that if you do not plan to reread a certain book at least once or twice... get rid of it, it is just clutter.


Guidelines:


The mini challenge begins March 1st and ends May 31st. You can join at anytime once the challenge as begun.


Anyone is welcome to participate in the mini challenge.


By the end of the challenge, you MUST get rid of all the titles that you do not absolutely love. You can hold a contest, donate, give to a friend, etc. Your ultimate goal here is to clean off your shelves.


You do not have to have a blog to participate. If you are interested, please email me at neverendingshelf@gmail.com for more information.


Please create a post for titles you plan to read. You can of course update and modify this list at any time.


Once a novel is completed, let us know what you plan to do with it. You can put this information beside the title in your challenge list post. Right now, I am planning to host a large contest for all the novels that I read and do not absolutely love at the end of the challenge.


Crossover with other Challenges is welcome.


Levels:
Packrat:
Read and clean out 5 titles


Mini-packrat: Read and clean out 10 titles


Organizer: Read and clean out 15 titles


Cleaner: Read and clean out 20 titles


If you plan to participate, please link your Clear Away the Clutter Mini Challenge post here. Please link to the actual Mini Challenge post.


Brittanie:

I had no idea something like this was going on. I had unofficially started doing something like this because I have Spring fever/cleaning fever. I have a lot of Steeple Hill titles that I read some I reread and some I just keep to keep after I read them. I just listed a ton of them on Paperback swap last weekend so this challenge comes at the perfect time. I am signing up for the level Organizer: Read and clean out 15 titles. This might hurt some but I really am pretty good at not keeping all books that come my way. :)

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...