Sunday, December 14, 2008
Sunday Salon December 14, 2008
* I stayed up til 3:00 A.M. reading The Promise by Chaim Potok.
I loved The Chosen when I reread it so I wanted to reread the sequel too. It was just as wonderful as it was the first time I read it. It is captivating and I could not put it down to go to sleep.
* I read another could not put down book today called Summer Snow by Nicole Baart. It is the sequel to After the Leaves Fall. I think I sat there and read the whole thing all the way through. I loved it. I highly recommend both books. She is one of my new favorite authors. Her third book comes out May 2009. I can't wait. I hope it has the same characters and continues the story.
* I also read The Truth About You:Your Secret to Success by Marcus Buckingham which is a nonfiction book about discovering your true strengths and putting them to work for you. It was okay. My full review I posted earlier today.
* I am still trying to finish a few challenges before 12-31-08. I have four books left for the A-Z challenge and a couple decades left for the By the Decades Reading Challenge. So hopefully I will read some of those books this week. :)
* I also received some really great looking ARCs in the mail Friday. More on those later. I hope everyone has a great week.