Monday, June 2, 2008

Fatal Deduction by Gayle Roper

***To win ONE OF TWO copies leave a comment on this post. Deadline is Saturday June 7 at midnight.***

Libby Burton longs to be close to her twin sister, Tori, but their lives have taken them in different directions. Forced to share Aunt Stella’s old Philadelphia home in order to receive their inheritance, Libby hopes for a change, but it isn’t looking good so far.

First, Tori tries to steal the affection and allegiance of Libby’s thirteen-year-old daughter, Chloe. Then when a crossword puzzle with a hidden warning shows up on their doorstep, Tori refuses to take it seriously—in spite of the dead man who delivers it.

Libby finds comfort in neighbor Drew Canfield, but he hesitates to trust her after his disastrous marriage. As Libby struggles to act faithfully in the midst of these confusing relationships, she must also deal with a stolen diamond and a botched kidnapping. The answer to her problems lies in the riddles of the crosswords, if only she can solve the puzzle before it’s too late.

My Review: I am about halfway through this book and so far it is a great book. Love the character development and plot line. I also loved her Love Inspired Suspense Amhearst series. I highly recommend both books. :)

Author Bio: Gayle Roper has been writing mystery and romantic suspense novels for more than thirty years and is the author of over forty-five books. She is a three-time Christy Award finalist, the winner of three Holt Medallions, and the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from Romantic Times magazine. Her novel Autumn Dreams won Romance Writers of America’s RITA Award for Best Inspirational Romance. She and her husband, Chuck, divide their time between Pennsylvania and Ontario , Canada .

9 comments:

ChristyJan said...

Fatal Deduction by Gayle Roper sounds like a great mystery read. I'd love to be entered to win a copy.

Tarasview said...

I'd like to read this!

Anonymous said...

sounds like an exciting read!

Bookfool said...

Terrific review, Brittanie! But, don't add me to the drawing because I've got quite a pile, here. :) I'll just have to remember to look for this one, someday. The name "Gayle Roper" is familiar; I must have seen her on the shelves, before.

Carole said...

I have read several of Gayle's books and loved each one. Thank you for the opportunity to win Fatal Deduction.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Carolynn said...

The book sounds exciting, please enter me, thanks!

Ronnica said...

This sounds interesting, good summer reading.

windycindy said...

Hi, The relationship between these twin sisters sounds fascinating. I like the twist their deceased aunt has made it so they have to live together for 6 months in her home to receive their fortune! Then, add a murder and it sounds like a great book to me. Please enter me in your drawing. I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

The Downtown Boutique said...

This sounds really intriguing! Please enter me to win.

Thanks!
Angie

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...