Friday, September 10, 2010

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado (Review)



Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (September 14, 2010)
ISBN-13: 978-0849920691

Book Description

These are difficult days in our world's history. 1.75 billion people are desperately poor, natural disasters are gouging entire nations, and economic uncertainty still reigns across the globe. But you and I have been given an opportunity to make a big difference. What if we did? What if we rocked the world with hope? Infiltrated all corners with God's love and life? We are created by a great God to do great works. He invites us to outlive our lives, not just in heaven, but here on earth. Let's live our lives in such a way that the world will be glad we did.
My Review:
This is an easy to read and understand inspirational book. It is about more than leaving a legacy when you die. It is about making a difference with Christ as the focus. The author uses the book of Acts in the bible as part of every chapter in this book. At the end of each chapter there is a prayer. He also gives examples of what we can do including helping the homeless. Hopefully this book will make you think. I know it has made me think and be uncomfortable with the way my life is. Recommended.
Review copy provided by Booksneeze.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...