Monday, February 8, 2010

The Week in Words: February 8, 2010

My Quote from reading last week is:

" She was tired of defining herself by her mistakes. By the things she almost got right.

She wanted to be extraordinary.
She wanted to be amazing.
She wanted to do this right.
She wanted to keep all the promises she'd made. Especially to herself.
She couldn't disappoint herself ... couldn't disappoint God... again.
Please help me keep my promises."

Excerpt from page 107 of Double Trouble by Susan May Warren

This quote really grabbed me and made me stop when I read it. Especially the middle part. Who does not long to be great at something? I screw up and make mistakes it seems like all the time and it really bothers me even though I know only God/Jesus is perfect. Solution ?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wish I had a solution for you, but I'm in the same boat. What a great quote!

Susanne said...

Solution? Sigh. I wish someone would give it to me! :v) The best I know is to just turn it over to God and keep plugging away. :v)

Lady Araujo said...

I'm with the girls... I do not have a solution either.

Wonderful quote.
Thanks for sharing it and make us think about it.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...