Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sunday Salon November 2, 2008
* Today I finished The Yellow Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee.
It was okay. I was bored in parts but it was interesting to learn more about the history of books and bookstores.
* I finished a Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith yesterday. I cannot believe I have never read this classic before now. I can see why it is a classic. I read it for the Classics Book club for 5 minutes for books. I am doing a whole post on it Tuesday.
* I am still reading Cyndere's Midnight by Jeffrey Overstreet.
* I started a really good nonfiction book today called How Not to Die by Dr. Jan Garavaglia M.D. aka Dr. G. She has a show on TV called Dr. G Medical Examiner. She is a forensic medical examiner in Florida. I am on page 76 and I am really liking it. More on it probably next weekend.
* I hope everyone has a great week and reads lots of books. :)