Sunday, November 16, 2008
Sunday Salon November 16, 2008
* This morning I reread The Chosen by Chaim Potok for the Read Through the Decades challenge. I did not realize this book was first published in the 1960s. I read it over ten years ago in middle school I think. I thought it was great then and I still think it is great today.
* It is about a Hasidic Jew named Daniel and regular Jew named Reuban. They became friends under unlikely circumstances. Daniel plays on an opposite baseball team and he beams Reuban in the eye. Reuban was wearing glasses and has glass in the eye and a concussion. He has to go to the hospital. Danny visits him there to ask for forgiveness. Eventually Reuban gives it and they become friends. This book is the telling of their friendship and life as they grow up in Brooklyn in different Jewish sects. I highly recommend this book.
* I have read the sequel The Promise a long time ago and I remember it being good too. Now I want to track down a copy of it read asap. :)
* I also read The Death and Life of Gabriel Phillips by Stephen Baldwin (yes the actor) and Mark Tabb today. My review will be up on Wednesday.
* This week will be crazy on my blog. I am doing six blog tours starting tomorrow. I will be posting at least one giveaway possibly two this week. :)
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...