Sunday, October 19, 2008
Sunday Salon October 19, 2008
* I read a lot of books this weekend due to my participation in the 24 hour Read-a-thon. I read 4 whole books for it and parts of two others. Then today I finished the one I read part of and it was great.
* I read a total of 1157 pages for the Read-a-thon. I slept for 7 hours.
* Here is a list of the books I read for the Read-a-thon:
1. Finished A Cut Above by Ginny Aiken
2. A Matter of the Heart by Patricia Davids
3. Ripple Effect by Paul Mccusker
4. Less the Dead by Tim Downs
5. Dangerous Heart by Tracey Bateman
6. The first 98 pages of Back to Life by Kristin Billerbeck
* I liked all of them. My favorite is probably Less the Dead by Tim Downs. I love his bug man series. My official review will be on Wednesday. But I will say that although his books are published by a Christian company there is very little religion in them. By the way he writes mysteries/suspense. His main character is a forensic entomologist who is less than normal.
*I finished Back to Life this morning. I love Kristin Billerbeck. She writes Christian Chick Lit. Although in her books there are always deeper themes without being overwhelming not just your regular chick lit. Her book What a Girl Wants is one of my favorites.
* Next I will be reading Multiple Blessings by Jon and Kate Gosselin with Beth Carson. They have the hit show Jon and Kate Plus Eight. They had one set of twins then a set of sextuplets. They are so cute. :)
* Fiction I will be reading Cyndere's Midnight by Jefferey Overstreet. The first novel in the series is Aurelia's Colors. It was beautiful. I can't wait to read the second. :)
* I had 45 hours at work this past week. What's bad is that there is still tons of work to do. I work in medical records as a file clerk right now and we have three people total. That is one head who does doctor office requests for records, lawyers, insurance companies, the patient themselves etc., one runner/mail, and me the file clerk. We are dying. The CEO keeps saying we don't need more people. We can't take a day off or get sick or finish all the work. There are 10 doctors and a NP. Help me!
* The end to this kinda long post. lol I hope everyone has a great week :)
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...