Friday, June 7, 2013

Horse Dreams by Dandi Daley Mackall (Review)



  • Age Range: 6 - 10 years

  • Paperback: 160 pages

  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (August 12, 2011)

  • ISBN-13: 978-1414339160




  • Fourth-grader Ellie James has a great imagination. She spends a lot of time daydreaming of owning a black stallion show horse and winning trophies in the horse show. But when the answer to all her dreams and prayers gallops into her life, will Ellie be able to recognize it? Join Ellie and her quirky family in their exciting, horse-loving adventures.


    My Review:

    I enjoyed this light fun horse story. It is for the elementary age group. I think the first time readers might need a little help but second grade up can read on their own. Little girls who love horses will especially like this book. I am a daydreamer too so I completely got her. I remember getting in trouble at school too. lol The book is well written and the pages fly by. There is a faith element that is blended nicely. It is the first in the Backyard Horses series. Highly Recommended!


    Dandi Daley Mackall is the author of over 400 books for children and grown-ups, with sales of over 3 million, she has published with HarperCollins, Dutton/Penguin-Putnam, Harcourt, Simon & Schuster, Disney, Hanna-Barbera, DreamWorks, and many others. Dandi; her husband, Joe; their three children (Jen, Katy, and Dan); and their horses, dogs, and cats live in rural Ohio.

    No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...