Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Sunday Salon November 20, 2011

The Sunday Salon.com

I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving! Where is the time going? I am praying I make it to the new year without gaining anymore weight back. I have eaten around five pounds back. It is the weekends that are my weakest time of the week. Any advice on how to survive a weekend without overeating is welcome. Sugar is also my biggest weakness. I have always liked to bake and now I like to cook too. I have been experimenting with new recipes especially with alternate flours. I made banana nut bread with coconut flour today and I could have eaten the whole loaf. lol

I spend Sundays cooking, eating, and cleaning. I used to spend them reading and eating. I am still having trouble reading. I want to read but there are so many other things I need to be doing and I can't focus or rest because I am thinking about them. I think at this point I would settle for a book a week. I want my life to be more balanced. I want an active healthy lifestyle. Back when I was reading six or seven books a week I was not fit or healthy or trying for that matter. Why does life have to be so complicated or why do I make it that way?

I finished an audio book in the car this week that was pretty good. It is a nonfiction book called Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. I am trying to get into jogging/running. The whole book was not a how to guide for running but told a story for the most part of him running with the Talmouri Indians. The only thing I did not like was how he took long side stories and then went back to the main story. It was sometimes confusing. There was also almost a whole Cd on evolution that I thought was unnecessary. Overall I recommend it.

Tonight I want clean some more and hopefully finish  a review book. I still have a couple to catch up on. In the new year I will be signing up for a whole lot less tours. I can't handle it anymore. I just want to read what I want when I want whatever captures my attention without worrying about a due date. I feel very guilty and overwhelmed when I miss a date which has happened way too much this year. I am thankful for the books and authors and I do not want to alienate anyone but I have to get some balance for my sanity.

I hope everyone has a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving if you live in the USA. :)

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

Hope you can get through the holidays without gaining. Some years we've done the Turkey Trot 5k Thanksgiving morning and that helped.
Ann

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...