Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eggplant Hole in the Head from The Food Lovers Make It Paleo Cookbook

I love my new cookbook. It is The Food Lovers Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. I have been trying to eat more Primal/Paleo the past few months. My weakness is sugar and grains both of which are not on it. I also love cheese which you can have in moderation on Primal and none on Paleo. lol Anyway this cookbook has tons of great recipes I want to try so this morning I made the eggplant hole in the head which is like egg in hat or eggs in a basket without the bread. It turned out really good. It is a little more time consuming than the regular but healthier. I will definitely be making this again. They have a great blog. http://www.primal-palate.com/ I highly recommend checking it out. You do not have to primal or paleo to enjoy these recipes.  :)

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. butter
4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Optional one green onion sliced

Process (Brittanie style):
1. Rinse the eggplant and slice into one inch pieces. The middle thicker parts work better for this recipe.
2. Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill it three to four minutes per side. I used George Forman which worked okay or you can broil it in the oven.
3. Use a glass or circle cookie cutter to cut a hole in the middle. I eat the yummy middle part too. :)
4. Heat a pan with a little butter then put the eggplant in it and crack a egg in the center.
5. Saute for three to four minutes then flip.
6. Can serve with sliced green onions as garnish.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...