Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Salon February 13, 2011

The Sunday Salon.com

* I have been neglecting my Sunday posts. I am so tired by the end of Sunday night now I am not up to it. lol

* I have taken up massive cooking on Sunday nights. Why do I wait until then I have no idea. Tonight I made two kinds of cupcakes for Valentine's Day, stir fried fresh veges, prepared two different kinds of chicken, boiled bowtie pasta, got my food ready for work tomorrow, and cleaned up strawberries. I am cooking more now that I am trying to eat healthier. :)

* I am reading Michael Pollan's books right now and I love them. I wrote him a love letter yesterday. http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-letter-to-michael-pollan.html

* It is almost impossible to follow all his rules though. I read all my labels and I am more aware but I have not cut everything out yet. It is going to take awhile. Tonight instead of eating a whole cupcake I only had a little of one. I still use some bottled salad dressing. I still use some white flour. I am starting by trying to cut back on the things I know are awful. :)

* My lifestyle changes I have been working on are going okay. It is getting harder to keep up the exercise and calorie watching. Sundays are the worst calorie wise. I am home most of the day and snack all day and night. I have no will to exercise on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't know what's wrong with me. Thank God I exercise at work Monday thru Friday. I have a gym membership but I only go for one class.

* Saturday I went to the library and Wal Mart. Then I cleaned the house. It is not perfect but better. I still have a few things left to do like mop. I hate to mop. I also read a book.

* I only read one book this weekend and it was okay. I read Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson. I don't think I will read any more of her books. I like my books cleaner.

* I am currently reading Amish Love by Kathleen Fuller, Beth Wiseman, and Kelly Long. I have only one more story to go in it and I love the book so far. Perfect for this time of year. :)

* I can't believe it is time to get ready for bed already. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Like the update format, and agree with you my weekend eating is often out of control, especially after this horrible winter.

Happy Valentine's Day and have a great week.

Karen said...

I was introduced to Michael Pollan's books in a health class I took last fall. I like what you said in your letter to him -- that even though you haven't started following everything, you're glad to have the info. That's the first step!

Like you, I learned that the way to healthy eating is to cook at home. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, and I have grown to dislike fast food!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...