Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big Game’s On Read-a-thon!

Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelves is hosting this great reading challenge today.
http://www.jennsbookshelves.com/

 I am not a sports fan at all so I will not be watching the game tonight except maybe to see what part of the big hoopla is about. Instead today I will be reading whatever I want, cleaning some, and cooking a lot. Right now I am almost finished reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. I can't decide if I want to read another nonfiction book or read a fiction book next. Also I have several recipes I want to make for the week and produce to clean up. I have found it makes eating healthier easier and quicker. :)

It’s finally here, the kick-off for The Big Game’s On Read-a-thon!  Although the official Superbowl kick-off isn’t for several hours yet, I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to start reading if they choose!

Please enter the link to your kick-off post below.  Discuss the books you are planning to read, the food you are planning to snack on, etc.  Since this is a completely laid back, relaxed read-a-thon, feel free to do it any way you chose!

If you are following/participating on Twitter, the official hashtag is #superbowlreadathon!  Cheer on those who are reading, join in with your own reading plans!

Be sure to check back periodically throughout the day for fun updates & mini-challenges!

2 comments:

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

My family and I have this seasonal thing called "New Recipe Week". I plan to try a new recipe everyday for a week, usually four times a year. It works that I get two to three recipes that go into the rotation, and everyone looks forward to trying new dishes.
Sometimes it doesn't work out though, in which case it's pizza for dinner.

Enjoy your day!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Glad to have you as part of the read-a-thon! I hope you have a relaxing & successful day of reading!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...