Friday, September 4, 2009

Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble





Can Texas's majestic Big Bend help Shannon find her life again?



Shannon Astor returns to southwest Texas to serve as the town's veterinarian, believing she's finally found the space to get her life back on track.



Then she catches a glimpse of Jack MacGowan, the man who ruined her life years before. But even more shocking is the sight of Jack's five-year-old daughter Faith, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Shannon's own daughter Kylie. Is it possible that their similarities could be more than just coincidence? Could Faith be the daughter that Shannon has believed to be dead for all these years?



As the truth emerges, everyone is forced to take sides--in a story with a heart as big as Texas.


My Review:
Overall I did enjoy this new romantic mystery set in Texas. It is book two in the Lonestar series and I could tell I was missing some background on some of the background characters if that makes sense. The first book focused on two different characters than this book which focused on Shannon Astor and Jack McGowen. Shannon moves back to her hometown with her 5 yr old daughter Kylie in search of a better life for them. She has finished Vet. School but has lots of loans. Here she has a free house and a good job offered to her. She just has to face the past. The word secrets in the title is very foreshadowing. She has a lot of secrets but then so does a few other people in the town. There are subplots one of which is a mystery surrounding Shannon's ex roommate. Colleen weaves it all together and the end product is an enjoyable read. I read it in almost one sitting and was drawn in from the beginning. Recommended and I think I am going to go back and read the first book in this series at some point. :)




No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...