Saturday, May 9, 2009

Southern Reading Challenge 2009



It's that time of year!


The time when you pour a glass of lemonade or sweet tea and take your official summer spot on the porch. Lean back in that chase lounge surrounded by geraniums and ferns, and begin the summer long journey into Southern culture.


Yes, it's hot!


Yes, it does get uncomfortable, but it is well worth the effort as you discover our unique "Southern" point of view.


You may choose to read any style of Southern book such as Appalachian tales, Civil War sagas, Gothic myths, Grit lit, and heart-wrenching biographies. Click here for ideas. Just as long as you read three (fiction or nonfiction) between May 15th and August 15th.
For more information and to sign up here is the link to Maggie's Blog: http://maggiereads.blogspot.com/2009/05/southern-reading-challenge-three.html
I particpated in this reading challenge last year and loved it. I am Southern Girl born and raised down here. I look forward to doing it again this summer. :)
My List:
1. How Sweet It Is by Alice J. Wisler
2. Bayou Betrayel by Robin Caroll
3. Tour de Force: A Love Story by Elizabeth White

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...