Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 2012 Books Read

I finally am getting back into a reading groove. I read or finished 15 books in January. I decided that I will not be signing up for a lot of book tours or reading challenges. This year will be about regaining the pleasure I used to find in reading. Also I am trying to work my way through some of my huge TBR shelves by reading and donating them. I really enjoyed An Amish Wedding and The Survivor. I have been on an Amish book kick lately. I also read The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo and I thought it was an interesting story but too much s*x and cussing. The three nonfiction books were all good and I learned a lot from them. My favorite was Primal Blueprint. I have been trying to go Paleo for almost a year. I last for a few weeks then fall off. My absolute favorites are in bold. I am not doing so good on getting reviews up so only two for this month.

January
1. A Texan's Promise by Shelley Shepard Gray
2. Am Amish Gathering by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Barbara Cameron
3. Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston (Audio)
4. The Keeper by Suzanne Woods Fisher
http://www.abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2012/01/keeper-by-suzanne-woods-fisher-review.html
5. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
6. The Two Mrs. Abbotts by D. E. Stevenson
7. An Amish Wedding by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long, Kathleen Fuller
8. Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell
9. Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
10. Small Space Organizing by Kathryn Bechen (nonfiction)
http://www.abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2012/01/small-space-organizing-by-kathryn.html
11. South Beach Wake Up Call by Arthur Agatston (nonfiction)
12. Rally Round Green by Judy Christie
13. The Survivor by Shelley Shepard Gray
14. When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason
15. The Primal Life Blueprint by Mark Sisson (nonfiction)

3 comments:

Bookfool said...

I'm struggling to keep up on reviewing, too. I think I have 5 or 6 left from January. Not sure whether I'll bother with all of them. The one about organizing small spaces sounds like something I need. I'll have to look into that, thanks!

CaroG said...

Did you like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I read the whole series and absolutely loved it!Word of advise, make sure you have book #3 close by before you are done with #2.

Belgie said...

This is a novella by three different authors; all set in the same Amish town. I'll let you read the book descriptions for each story since it's three stories instead of one. But each story is sweet and involves a couple in the Amish community. It's romantic, faith-filled and simple.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...