Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Reading Thing 2011 My List


Yay! I am so excited. Today is the first day of Spring and the start of the Spring Reading Thing challenge. This is my fourth time to participate. I love Katrina's reading challenges. Her buttons are always so pretty too. :) Her blog is http://callapidderdays.com/ and the official sign up post will be up this afternoon. She already has the information posts up if you would like to read them. The challenge runs from March 20 to June 20. One of the good things is your list does not have to be set in stone so you change it if  you need too. So I want to read all of the books below but with me starting online classes in April we'll see. I still love to read I just can't focus like I used too so the slump continues. I have a combination of non fiction, secular fiction, and Christian fiction on my list this time. I am hoping the nicer weather and this challenge will help me finish more books. lol :)

My Goals:
1. Read at least one book per week.
2. Don't give up because of school, work, life, exercise, etc.

My List:
1. Jump Off the Hormone Swing by Lorraine Pintus
2. The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
3. Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst
4. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
5. 13 Rue Therese by Elena Shapiro
6. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
8. Miss Buncle's Book by D. E. Stevenson
9. Angel Song by Shelia Walsh and Kathryn Cushman
10. Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry
11. The Mountains Bow Down by Sibello Giorello
12. Beneath the Night Tree by Nicole Baart
13. False Pretenses by Kathy Herman
14. Beside Still Waters by Tricia Goyer
15. The Glory of Green by Judy Christie
16. The Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh
17. The Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter

14 comments:

Vasilly said...

You have a great list! I Capture the Castle is on my tbr shelves. The Book Thief is a great read. Enjoy your books!

Trish said...

Wow, you do have quite a variety! Looking forward to hearing how you like them.

Happy reading. :)

Nise' said...

I am reading and doing the study Made to Crave right now. It is excellent. I loved 13, Rue Therese, hope you do as well.

Janet said...

You have a terrific list and I've added a couple to my wish list. Good luck with your online classes. Happy spring reading!

Anonymous said...

I've got to tackle The Book Thief. I've started it twice! I WILL read it this summer. I hear nothing but praise for it.

Sandra Stiles said...

Great List. I have Almost Heaven on one of my ereader. It is to be read before the end of the year.

Angie said...

Great list! I have a couple of them on my wish list. I haven't read Made to Crave but a friend of mine has and she loved it. :)

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks good, Brittanie! (And this doesn't count as a "slump" in my book!) :) I loved The Book Thief. And I have Almost Heaven on my Kindle, but haven't read it yet...

Thanks for being part of SRT '11 -- enjoy your spring reading!

Amy said...

One book a week is a great goal.

Enjoy,
Amy @ Missional Mama

Susanne said...

A book a week and don't give up! Love your goals. I've seen the Book Thief on a couple of lists. It looks interesting. Happy Reading.

Anonymous said...

I read (most of) The Omnivore's Dilemma and really enjoyed it (as much as you can *enjoy* that kind of thing...) - I really want to read The Book Thief, too, but it always seems to get pushed back til another time.

A Faithful Journey said...

I have seen The Book Thief on a few participants lists. :) I, too, am hoping to read it sooner than later!

Happy Spring and Happy Reading!

Jen said...

Great list thanks for sharing! Good luck reading a book a week! Happy Reading!

Jenny said...

Looks like a great list...I'm reading False Pretenses now and liking it.

Good luck with your schooling...and happy reading!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...