Friday, March 4, 2011

Letters From Home by Kristina McMorris


  • Paperback: 352 pages

  • Publisher: Kensington; 1 edition (March 1, 2011)

  • ISBN-13: 978-0758246844

  • Publisher's Description:
    Chicago, 1944. Liz Stephens has little interest in attending a USO club dance with her friends Betty and Julia. She doesn’t need a flirtation with a lonely serviceman when she’s set to marry her childhood sweetheart. Yet something happens the moment Liz glimpses Morgan McClain. They share only a brief exchange—cut short by the soldier's evident interest in Betty—but Liz can't forget him. Thus, when Betty asks her to ghostwrite a letter to Morgan, stationed overseas, Liz reluctantly agrees.

    Thousands of miles away, Morgan struggles to adjust to the brutality of war. His letters from “Betty” are a comfort, their soul-baring correspondence a revelation to them both. While Liz is torn by her feelings for a man who doesn’t know her true identity, Betty and Julia each become immersed in their own romantic entanglements. And as the war draws to a close, all three will face heart-wrenching choices, painful losses, and the bittersweet joy of new beginnings.

    I am sorry no review yet. I am having a hard time getting into the book. I am grateful for the ARC copy the author sent me so I hope to be able to finish it. I love the premise and it sounds interesting. I have read other reviews and nobody else had this problem so it may be my short attention span I have had lately. I suggest reading other reviews of the book. :)

    1 comment:

    Bookfool said...

    I asked a friend about this one and told her I was a little put off by the pink cover. She said, "It's a pink book." LOL Maybe it's just not the right time for this one. I often have to set a book aside for several months and then come back to it. I know you don't do that, usually, but sometimes it's the best thing.

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...