Sunday, August 31, 2008

At His Command by Brenda Coulter

Amazon Summary:
In one short month, cheerful army nurse Madeline Bright has become the darling of Prairie Springs, Texas. And if ex-pilot Jake Hopkins isn't careful, she might just conquer his heart. She's young, pretty and blithe-spirited…he's older and jaded. But being around Maddie brings back too many painful memories. Jake still feels guilty about failing to save Maddie's brother in an army helicopter crash years ago. So no matter how much Maddie wants to be in his life, for her own good, Jake can't allow that. He'll never have a normal, stable life. And sweet Madeline deserves nothing less.

Link to read an excerpt and/or buy a copy from Amazon (available now):
http://www.amazon.com/Command-Homecoming-Heroes-Book-Inspired/dp/0373874960/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220204176&sr=8-1#

My Review: I loved this book. I have read all of Brenda Coulters' books and I think this is my new favorite of hers. Her first book will always be one of my favorite books. The current book is third in a Love Inspired miniseries called Homecoming Heroes. This book can stand on its own although I liked the first two in the series also. This is a great love story with wonderfully developed interesting characters. The plot has unique aspects including a charity that helped a little boy whose dead parents include a military man and local girl overseas. When it is discovered he needs heart surgery the charity finds a way to bring him to the US and Maddie was on the flight with him. Maddie and Jake go head to head several times both of them very stubborn. I love military romance stories and this one definitely lives up to my expectations. I highly recommend this book. :)

To read Brenda's Awesome blog go here:
http://brendacoulter.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda Coulter is like the bomb! Thanks for the review!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...