Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Miss Match" by Erynn Mangum



Book Summary:


Lauren Holbrook has found her life's calling: matchmaking for the romantically challenged.
And with the eclectic cast of characters in her world, there's tons of potential to play "connect the friends."She works for her best guy friend Brandon as a photographer and meets the beautiful blond Hannah when he hires her to be the new receptionist. Her dad is a retired somewhat wealthy germ a phobe widower. Inspired by the recent success of matching her sister and new husband, Lauren sets out to introduce Nick, her carefree singles' pastor, to Ruby, her neurotic coworker who plans every second of every day. Lauren gets thrown together with Ryan, Ruby's brother. They pretend to be dating so that everyone will leave them alone. What could possibly go wrong? Just about everything. When Lauren's foolproof plan begins to unravel, she learns that a simple introduction between friends can bring about complicated results. And as she reconsiders her new role as Cupid (as well as her vow to stay single forever), will Lauren finally decide that God's plan is always good enough? This book is open to a sequel and it has came out, "Rematch." The third book will be published next summer.

Author: Erynn Mangum is a 22 year old still living at home . This is her first book and she started writing just for fun. She is obsessed with chocolate and coffee especially Starbucks. Visit her online at http://www.erynnmangum.com/



Brittanie:

I lovved this book. I thought it was cute and funny. I had many laugh out loud moments. There were many references to Jane Austen and Emma in this book. They were great. She has a def. movie obsession. To me Lauren's extreme coffee obsession and chocolate is a little over the top. I do not drink coffee but I do love chocolate and if we eat like Lauren we will all be at least 400 lbs. Even with that this book was great. I ordered the sequel as soon as I finished it. I have read it so review coming soon on that one. I highly recommend this cute chick lit series.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...