Sunday, July 5, 2009

June Reads in Review and End of Summer Reading Blitz

I can't believe June is over already. I loved the Summer Reading Blitz hosted by Shauna at Readings and Ruminations. Thank you Shauna. The goal was to read 30 books in 30 days and I read book 30 on day 30. :) So here is my list of books I read in June below.

So far I have only read one book in July. I think I was burned out a little. My favorites for June are in bold. I pretty much liked everything I read. Rose in Bloom was a little harder to get through than when I read it when I was younger. I have a few issues with the silent series by Deanna Raybourn that I have not addressed yet in a review. I finished the Victorian Reading challenge in June. I failed the Childhood Reading Challenge in June because I did not pay attention to the deadline date. Overall June was a good month. Hopefully I will be able to pick up the pace for July. I have a lot of books to read and a lot of back reviews that need to be done for reading challenges. :)


139. Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center
140. Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn
141. The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love by Angela Hunt (based on the movie)
142. A Bride in the Bargain by Deanne Gist
143. What Sarah Saw by Margaret Daley
144. Framed! by Robin Caroll
145. Cold Case Murder by Shirlee McCoy
146. A Cloud of Suspicion by Patricia Davids
147. Deadly Competition by Roxanne Rustard
148. Never the Bride by Renee Gutteridge
149. The Family He Wanted by Karen Sandler
150. A Weaver Wedding by Allison Leigh
151. Her Last Chance by Terri Reed
152. The Miracle Girls by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt (reread) YA
153. Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt YA
154. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Allison Bottke
155. The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander
156. Scent of Murder by Virginia Smith
157. A Dream to Call My Own by Tracie Peterson
158. Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse by Lee Goldberg
159. Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
160. Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn
161. Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn
162. Confetti Girl by Diana Lopez
163. Blackmail by Robin Caroll
164. Sonnet to a Dead Contessa by Gilbert Morris
165. Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott (reread)
166. Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott (reread)
167. Lone Star Cinderella by Debra Clopton
168. Heidi by Johanna Spyri
169. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (reread)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of those books. It sounded like a good challenge though I totally get why you wouldn't want to read for ages.

This would be quite good to do for reducing some of your to-read list, I know it would help me.

Also, question did you have to read a book in a day or was it over the 30 days? And if it was one book one day then did affect the book for you? I sometimes find for some books I can't read it fast otherwise it effects the enjoyment.

Anyway...that's all

Brittanie said...

It was not one book a day thank God because I would have failed. I tend to read more on the weekends. So it was just read 30 books in the month of June. I enjoyed all of them but I was feeling the crunch that last night. lol :)

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...