Sunday, May 24, 2009
Sunday Salon May 24, 2009
* I did not have a good reading weekend. The only book I really read is a nonfiction title. The Lost City of Z by David Grann. I just posted my review. Here is the link to my review:
Overall I enjoyed it. Nonfiction is harder for me to read so I am proud of myself for finally reading this book.
* Today we went to a family reunion on my Dad's side. It was nice to see family we have not seen since we were little. I did not know a lot of people there. Being the crazy cousin I am I let my two teenage girl cousins drive my car on the country roads for a little while. I only thought I was a bad driver. They need lots more practice. Beware to other drivers. Its hard to believe they are old enough to drive already.
* For memorial day we are having a cookout tomorrow on my Mom's side of the family. Yummy! I am looking forward to the BBQ chicken, garlic bread, twice baked potatoes, fresh grilled corn, baked beans, chocolate cake, and ice cream. :)
* I have several books I need to finish for reviews this week. I have a giveaway starting tomorrow for The Night WatchMan by Mark Mynheir if anybody is interested it will be up tomorrow night.
* I have several reading challenges ending in the next month so I will hopefully be able to focus on finishing them more. :)
* I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. Thank you to our troops alive and dead!