Sunday, May 24, 2009
Sunday Salon May 24, 2009
* I did not have a good reading weekend. The only book I really read is a nonfiction title. The Lost City of Z by David Grann. I just posted my review. Here is the link to my review:
Overall I enjoyed it. Nonfiction is harder for me to read so I am proud of myself for finally reading this book.
* Today we went to a family reunion on my Dad's side. It was nice to see family we have not seen since we were little. I did not know a lot of people there. Being the crazy cousin I am I let my two teenage girl cousins drive my car on the country roads for a little while. I only thought I was a bad driver. They need lots more practice. Beware to other drivers. Its hard to believe they are old enough to drive already.
* For memorial day we are having a cookout tomorrow on my Mom's side of the family. Yummy! I am looking forward to the BBQ chicken, garlic bread, twice baked potatoes, fresh grilled corn, baked beans, chocolate cake, and ice cream. :)
* I have several books I need to finish for reviews this week. I have a giveaway starting tomorrow for The Night WatchMan by Mark Mynheir if anybody is interested it will be up tomorrow night.
* I have several reading challenges ending in the next month so I will hopefully be able to focus on finishing them more. :)
* I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. Thank you to our troops alive and dead!
Feel comforted and at peace when you read these uplifting romances of faith, forgiveness and hope from Love Inspired. There are 12 new books...
Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Harmony; Exp Rev edition (April 11, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0451497724 ISBN-13: 978-...
About the book: The third child of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand of Spain, Juana is born amid her parents’ ruthless struggle to unify...
Series: Tales from Ivy Hill (Book 2) Paperback: 448 pages Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (December 5, 2017) Language: Englis...