Sunday, February 1, 2009
Sunday Salon February 1, 2009
* This was not a good reading weekend. I only finished one book but it was one I have been working on for awhile.
* It is a memoir by Bill Bryson called The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt kid. It is about his growing up in the 1950s. This is my first book of his to read.
* It was good. There were several parts that were laugh out loud funny and some okay. I think since I am a 25 year old girl I missed out on some of what the book had in it. I did enjoy reading the parts about the time period on the whole and different aspects of what went on and then his take on it as a kid and as a grown up. Overall I did like it and I am glad that I read it.
* I will be reading more Bill Bryson. I want to read his A Walk in the Woods next. I heard his Short History of Nearly Everything is good too.
* I hope to have my January in Review post up tomorrow night. I read 31 books but half of them are YA. I am rereading the Babysitters Club books for the Childhood Reading Challenge. :)
* This week I have three blog tours that I have not finished reading the books yet so hopefully work will not wear me out and I can focus on books when I get home.