Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sunday Salon February 5, 2012

* Why does the weekend always go by so quick? I can't believe Sunday is almost half over. It is quite depressing to think about so I am stopping. lol I had a good weekend. I read two books. One for the Money by Janet Evanoich and Along Wooded Paths by Tricia Goyer.

* One for the money was okay. It had too much cussing and sex stuff in it. My sister wants to go see the movie and I wanted to read the book first or I would not have read it.

* Along Wooded Paths was very good. It is the second in the Big Sky series and is an Amish book but not really a typical one. I can't wait to read the third book coming out in March. Highly recommended!

* I am in the middle of my Sunday cooking right now. I am making almost the same thing as last week. I really liked it. I am going to try to post some recipes this week for the green beans and turkey burgers. I love the Food Lovers Make it Paleo blog and cookbook which is where I found the green bean recipe.

* I also want to get some more reading in if possible. I am almost half way in the Girl Who Play With Fire and I want to finish it even though the cussing and sex bother me. I am not sure why. For some reason I want to see what happens to Lisbeth.

* I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time. :)

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Sounds like you are having a lovely Sunday! A little cooking and a little reading. (Have you ever participated in the Saturday Cooking meme? I see a lot of book bloggers there.)

I'd like to invite you to sign up for my February Giveaway! Win All Kinds of Kisses or a $25 Amazon gift card!

Kath said...

I only read the first of Stieg Larsson's books, I enjoyed it well enough but the violence towards women was a bit much for me.

The turkey burgers sound great. Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been put off my some of the reviews of the Larsson book as well. But then again, I usually find myself put off by something everyone and their mother is reading and then usually cave a few yrs later. Lol.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...