Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Be Sweet" by Diann Hunt


Book Description

Same mom. Same dad. Completely different lives. Who's to say which sister has it sweeter?

Viney Haverford always told her daughters to "be sweet." But the only thing sweet about Charlene Haverford these days is her sweet tooth. Little sister Janni is the nice one. The one with the intact marriage, the great kids, the stable life on the family homestead in Tappery, Michigan. Charlene's the sister who left town heartbroken and humiliated but built a sweet life for herself half a continent away: High-octane job. Red BMW. Seaside cottage. And an uncomplicated relationship with a great-looking man.

Charlene might not be the sweet sister, but she still craves sweets, like the incomparable maple syrup from her family's own maples. Which is why she's finally come home. And to make sure her tightfisted sister doesn't botch plans for their parents' 50th anniversary bash. And to show the local gossips that she's not the loser they think she is.

But Charlene's time in Tappery proves stickier than anticipated. Sweet Janni has turned moody, Mom's acting paranoid, Dad may be sneaking around with a local widow, the local police seem to be stalking them all, and the little twinge in Charlene's mouth has morphed into a full-blown, sugar-induced toothache. A hunky local dentist offers delicious diversion. But just when things get cozy, a series of revelations open both sisters' hearts to sweet possibilities they never even imagined.

Brittanie: I love Diann Hunt and I lovved this book. She is definitely a funny lady. Her books always make me laugh out loud but are still sweet spiritual. Even though on the back of her books it states she writes fiction targeted to women of the Baby Boomer generation I always love her books when I read them and I am only 24. I even had pancakes and maple syrup at Cracker Barrel today. I highly recommend this book to all adult woman.

1 comment:

GS said...

HELLO! I'M ITALIAN! YOUR BLOG IS BEAUTIFUL! I HAVE A BLOG:

http://superjuventus.blogspot.com

YOU GO IN MY BLOG AND YOU WRITE A COMMENT! THANK!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...