Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunday Salon Promise Me Always and Along Came a Cowboy by Christine Lynxwiler

The Sunday Salon.com

* I read part of Promise Me Always by Christine Lynxwiler

* I finished it today (Monday) and Along Came A Cowboy


Thirty-five-year-old widow Allie Richards has always dreamed of having her own landscaping business. After losing her job, Allie's Pinky Promise girlfriends convince her to enter Shady Grove's Beautiful Town Landscaping Competition. The prize? The town's landscaping and maintenance contract. But there's a hitch. Every move Allie's ragtag crew makes will be featured in the reality segment of a local TV show. Armed with only a green thumb and a motley crew of helpers, does Allie have any chance of surviving the hype and making her dream a reality? Daniel Montgomery, the man behind the camera, is after more than just a story. Will he be satisfied with anything less than Allie's heart?


My Review: I liked this book. It is a good start to the Pinky Promise Sisterhood series.

When Rachel Donovan, a strong-willed chiropractor with a past, meets Jack Westwood, a bull-headed cowboy looking for a future, it looks like hate at first fight. But when the dust settles, it may be love. Can the chiropractor and the cowboy bridle their growing attraction, or will love ultimately have free reign?

My Review: I loved this book. It is the second book in the Pinky Promise Sisterhood series. To me it is even better than the first. I started it and could not put it down. I was captivated by the plotline and the characters that came off the page. There were many lol moments even with some serious topics. I highly recommend it. I think the series should be read in order to have the background and some of the minor plot lines do continue on into the next book.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...